Tuesday 11 August 2015

My Experience of The Brow Game

Around two/three years ago when Cara Delevingne first figuratively blew up, I decided it was time to invest in some eBay £1.99 brow powder and went through some seriously tragic brow days.




Looking back on these dire days dampens my mood profoundly. 

Since, I have decided to never again try hard at being an eyebrow person. To be honest, I was slightly scared into submission because of the horrible influx that emerged consisting of a high demand for beautifully arched flawless brows and girls suddenly being really judgy on what brows were looking like. I'm not going to pretend like I didn't think I was the eyebrow equivalent of an X Factor Judge in the sense that I hoped I could be exempt from the judgement by being able to know good brows from bad but anyways, brows were and still are suddenly a really big deal and getting it right is quite exhausting.


For this reason I had been just getting by with a Rimmel Brow Pencil for like a year and half and though I rarely felt like my eyebrow game was 'fleeky' enough to make others envious, it done the trick. 

However, over the last year or so, I have revamped my one-product eyebrow collection by purchasing the cult classics; the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade in Chocolate, Brow Wiz in Soft Brown and Clear Brow Gel, the Soap and Glory Brow Archery 2-in- 1 in Hot Chocolate and the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Medium/Dark.

I'm not going to go full blown review on you because this post is already getting long but the Brow Pomade is something that I find requires practice and precision to not go permanent marker-esque. I'm yet to fully conquer it so I tend to only use it when I'm going out at night or have a load of time to do my makeup. When I do use it, I use a MAC 266, which I invested in for eyebrow's sake. 

The whole two colours in the entire range thing is super shady (I love puns.) of Soap and Glory to do but if the two on offer work for you, you're in for a treat because it's quick and easy to use and hella natural looking. The Anastasia brow wiz is exactly the same in all departments except price so if the Soap and Glory shade range does you wrong, Anastasia has your back!

With regards to setting brows in place, in short, I think the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel removes some product when you apply it which is annoying because it makes them look a bit sparse but it does a great job of locking the product in. On the other hand, the L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper is fantastic (sooo much better than the Maybelline brow drama) and I'm going to try the clear version also in the hopes it does a better job than the Anastasia one for a much lower price.

Brows using the Anastasia Brow Wiz and Clear Brow Gel
These products have really made me feel like I have my life together, simply by doing their thing to my brows. Though my brow game is by no means strong, I would highly recommend the L'Oreal brow artist and Soap and Glory/Anastasia brow wiz for any brow beginners- if you want to avoid the loud and proud brow situation I had going on circa 2013 that is.

And that is the end of story time kids! Follow me on BlogLovin' if you liked this post and feel free to share/comment and all the rest of it. Thanks for reading!

Lots of love,
Olivia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment