Saturday 6 September 2014

My First Blue Brown Encounter...

Hello!

If you read my Birthday Makeup Haul post you would have spotted that MAC's Blue Brown pigment has been added to my collection and as I received a Zoeva order this week, I finally I gave it a go on my eyelids. 

But before I show you what it looks like, it's random-but-relevant-fact-about-me time: I have very unusual eyes in the sense that they cry ALL THE TIME. Irrespective of weather, season or my location my eyes are notorious amongst family and friends for their watery tendencies. As a result of this, I have spent all of my make-up wearing life avoiding experimenting with eye makeup (yes, this means I never went through the shocking blue eyeshadow phase most girls cringe over in their maturer years- I guess you could call it a blessing and a curse). This aside, I have vowed to try and experiment as much as my eyeballs will allow me to with eye makeup in the coming months, starting with this duo-chrome pigment.

I attempted (and failed at) winged liner using my new L'Oreal Superliner and applied a combination of Rimmel Kate Moss Wine 107 Matte lipstick with Wet 'n' Wild's Sugar Plum Fairy (a post comparing this to it's well-documented high end counterpart will be up soon). 

Cue alarmingly close close ups that are so close that they'd NEVER make the cut to Instagram:

As you can see, my eyeliner skills are SHOCKING


Thanks for reading!
What are your eye makeup essentials?



Olivia xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment