Wednesday 10 September 2014

Superdrug Haul #1

Hello!


Last week I popped into Superdrug and picked up some new beauty bits and I thought I'd share them with you. I was shamelessly proud that I managed to pop in and exit with my pink bag in tow without having purchased any lip products- there really is a first time for everything...

By the way, I've started back at sixth form now and- noted- my blog's consistency has been pretty non-existent and discombobulated so far due to the nonchalance of summer. Alas, from now on I will be posting once a week every wednesday at 6pm so keep posted!





I started using this foundation last year when I was at my most tanned hue and it soon became my holy grail base product but as my skin got paler I stopped reaching for it so picked up one in a shade more fitting. Surprise surprise it isn't an exact match as I get serious impulse buy fever with drugstore foundations and feel the need to hurry and decide on my shade as soon as possible. This is long lasting, blendable, has amazing coverage and because it's for oily/combination skin, which I have, I find it works better than my other foundations that aren't skin type specific.




Sleek Blush in Rose Gold

This blusher is unlike anything I've tried before, it's a deep pink colour with golden shimmers running through it. On your skin, the pink doesn't show up as obvious as a matte blush would but it makes my skin glow like no tomorrow. Seriously, it's a Beyonce-esque golden glow! Therefore, this can be used as a highlight as well so it is a purchase I feel can be easily justified.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Timeless Black and Gel Liner in Intense Black

I already have two color tattoo's and they are easy to use and perfect for low maintenance eye looks so thought I'd pick up a black one and see how I get on with it. I picked up the Gel liner as I've heard excellent things about it and I'm in the process of perfecting the right cat eye look for my eye. I tried this the other day using my Zoeva 317 Wing Liner Brush and 315 Fine Liner brush and it applies and stays on like a dream.





Again, in the quest to find my perfect cat eye I picked this up and so far it's great!


I'm venturing into the world of dewy skin (can you tell that I'm going through an experimental makeup stage) and have heard great things about this and so I picked it up. I can already tell that this is going to be perfect for making my skin look more alive on no make up days and in general when my skin looks dull and lifeless. It's also nice under foundation but as all of the ones I own are matte, the overall effect isn't a striking dew that I'd expect if I used it with a dewy finish foundation. I'm looking forward to having dewy skin this winter as I've been matte-ing my life away this summer but I realise now that it would have been so much more practical to go dewy in summer and matte in winter, sigh.



And that's the end of my little haul, thanks for reading!

What are your favourite drugstore products?

Olivia xo


No comments:

Post a Comment