Wednesday 24 September 2014

TOP 10 NEW YORK, LONDON AND MILAN FASHION WEEK SHOWS

Fashion Week makes me so happy. 

I'm a Londoner and unfortunately I'm yet to attend a show but I always feel an exciting buzz in the city when fashion week occurs. I get a fresh surge of inspiration to dress extra nice during NYFW and LFW particularly. I love how High Fashion is more often than not overwhelmingly out of my price range and yet it is my favourite source of inspiration for my 'ordinary person' style budget. Fashion weeks (as well as trips to Selfridges) give me this weird surge of ambition to be rich enough to roam around in such fine garments and they are generally great time for me and makes the camera roll on my phone so pretty!

I thought I'd do a round up of my 10 favourite runway shows and looks from this season's London, New York and Milan fashion week.

1. Burberry


This is the only show I religiously live-stream and it is a dream of mine to attend. I always look forward to seeing the musicians that perform who always reflect the classy Britishism(?) that Burberry is all about. This year I literally ran home to watch it and got in JUST as the live-stream finished so metaphorically cried and redirected myself to the faithful Vogue website to see the looks before later watching the show. As per usual Christopher Bailey slayed. I feel as though he just gets it-women, men, clothes, fashion, England. It. Burberry shows make me feel an unusual sense of patriotism and this one did not disappoint.


Watch the show here and see the individual looks here


2. Alexander Wang


This wouldn't be a Fashion Week post without a mention to Wang. His show was arguably the most hyped up show of the season and he did not fail to impress. Everyone loves Wang but for some reason he isn't personally one of my favourite designers. None the less, this show was amazing and I am now patiently waiting for H&M X Alexander Wang to happen to my wardrobe.


See the full show here

3. Tom Ford


This show make me seriously consider trading in my dedication to a splash of colour in all my sartorial decisions for a life of gothic and sexy all-black attires. I LOVE TF.


See the full show here


4. Fendi


Karl Lagerfeld strikes again. Am I the only person in the world who amuses themselves by imagining him working in McDonald's? I swear the man was genetically engineered for fashion. Alas, this show showcased texture in all it's glory and it was beautiful.


See the full show here

5. Delpozo



Now this is a label that I'd never seen or heard spoke about before but I was struck by the tailoring in their opening looks when browsing the Vogue site and the rest of the show impressed me so much that I can see them becoming one of my favourites. I wanted to shop every look and loved the clean silhouettes, primary colours and overall polished look every model was rocking.


See the full show here


6. Temperley London



I'm a sucker for a boyish monochrome look. As Cher Horowitz says, isn't it classic?


See the full show here


7. DSquared2





This is a label that I never really paid attention to until the mental asylum on the runway last season, which I loved. I got a Victoria's Secret meets Sports luxe vibe from the first half of this show...and then the ruffles came out. Divine.

See the full show here

8. Erdem


Quite simply, I would wear these dresses every day for the rest of my life.

See the full show here

9. MaxMara



The head-to-toe print, 70's influences, waist accentuating silhouettes and that red winged liner were my highlights. I can practically see Kim K in some of these looks already. 


See the full show here


10. Oscar De La Renta






De La Renta was hands down my favourite show of the season. It blew my mind. Normally with shows I love, there's always a section that I'm not too hot on but in this show I adored and was inspired by EVERY look. Oscar De La Renta is a designer I cherish dearly and this show consolidated that love (and my desire to attend the Academy Awards in one of his gowns).

See the full show here


I'm so excited to see some of the looks from these shows translate to the Red Carpet and the like!
What have been your favourite shows so far?

Olivia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment